Antique Music Master Workshop
13th-19th June 2022
with Ottavio Dantone, Antonio Greco, Alessandro Tampieri, Delphine Galou, Alessandro Ciccolini
The Foundation Teatro Amilcare Ponchielli of Cremona organizes, as part of the edition of the Monteverdi Festival 2022, a RESIDENCE of early music, with the intention of deepening the repertoire of the XVI and XVII centuries in Italy with particular reference to the figure of Claudio Monteverdi, according to a historically informed practice.
The Masters will hold the Workshop dedicated to musical practice for ensembles
– The workshop will be held according to the schedule that will be shared at the time of the convocation.
– The workshop is aimed at instrumental and vocal formations, or vocal only, composed of young musicians aged between 18 and 40 years, open to all Italian citizens EU or non-EU; the average age of the group must not exceed 30 years.
– Preference will be given to ensembles presenting an exclusive repertoire of Monteverdi.
– The repertoire submitted to the Workshop must not exceed 60 minutes of music and must be attached to the application.
– A maximum of 4 ensembles composed of a variable number of elements between 3 and 8 will be admitted to the Residenza.
– During the workshop, there will be moments of theoretical reflection on the treatises of the time, elements of organology, basso continuo and musical philology.
– The selection of participants will be through the evaluation of an audio or video recording (max 5 minutes) and the curriculum vitae
– All applicants must attach their detailed curriculum vitae to the application form, to be sent by Monday 18 April to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
– The shortlist of candidates admitted to the workshop will be communicated by e-mail by Monday 9 May. Hearers are also admitted, with the permission of the Direction of the Theatre.
– Participation is free of charge and attendance is mandatory for applicants to ensure their participation in the workshop and the final concert scheduled for Sunday 19 June.
– Participants who request it will be guaranteed accommodation in a single or double room for couples, in an accomodation selected by the Direction of the Theatre for a total of 7 nights.
– No compensation is foreseen for the performance of the final concert on June 19th.
Download the announcement
Download the application form
For further information:
+39 0372 022010/011
Season nameMonteverdi Festival 2022 (English)
13.06.2022 - h.11:00